Baba & Boo One Size Nappy - Stars
Baba & Boo One Size Nappy - Stars
Baba & Boo nappies are called pocket nappies. Their One size nappy fits from 10lb upto 36lb. So basically from a few weeks after birth (depending on the size of your baby) upto around 3-4 years of age.
These nappies come with 2 bamboo & cotton mix inserts. To use you secure the rise with the poppers, pop the insert/s in the pocket and away you go!
Baba & Boo nappies are super easy to use and are a hit with babies and parents. Ethically made and free from nasty chemicals they are perfectly gentle on little bottoms and our environment too. Baba & Boo are a socially responsible business that support Bliss (a charity that helps premature and sick babies in the UK), they recycle everything they can and grow trees too! At Ele and Me we think that’s amazing and enjoy working with such a great company.
Baba & Boo One Size pocket nappies come in an assortment of gorgeous hand designed prints and attractive plain colours.
One size nappies are often referred to as Birth to potty nappies, however in reality most newborns are just too teeny tiny to get a good fit until around 10lb (One-size= from 10lb upto potty training or 35lb) . We also sell a range of Baba & Boo Newborn Nappies that fit from approx. 5lb to 6 months old if you wanted to use cloth from birth.
Small babies should only need insert which should last upto 4 hours. When you notice they need more absorbency/the nappies aren’t lasting as long you increase to 2 inserts.
For night time you can use other inserts (also known as boosters) or a mix that absorb more moisture, like Charcoal or Hemp Boosters. These are sold separately. You can also use Disposable liners if you wish, this sits between the nappy and baby’s bottom to catch any poo and keep wetness away from skin. Liners aren’t essential but many parents find them make pooey changes easier.
Baba & Boo Nappies are really easy to put on as they have popper fastenings, which make the nappy really secure.
· Popper system to the front
· Waterproof outer - no need for anything extra
· Soft, microfibre next to baby's skin wicks away moisture into the absorbent inserts, keeping baby dry and irritation-free.
· Gusset which helps keeps the poop inside the nappy and helps with those poo-explosions (poonamie chances reduced with cloth!)
· Outer is made from 100% polyester with a polyurethane lining.
· Inner is made from very soft microfleece.
· Inserts are two layers bamboo 70% and two layers microfibre 30%.
· Completely free of nasties
How to Care for your Nappies:
· Pre-washing before use helps increase the absorbency of your nappies. Follow the washing instructions below and repeat up to three times. You don't need to dry your nappies between pre-washes.
· After use, knock any solids into the toilet (or remove the biodegradable liner if you have used one). Put the used nappy in the nappy bucket until wash day.
· It can help to put the nappies on a cold rinse before washing as this ensures all the solids have been washed away before the washing cycle.
· Your nappies can be washed at 60°C, although many parents find that 40°C is sufficient.
· Use your usual detergent. Baba & Boo nappies are designed to fit in with you, not the other way around!
· Don't use any fabric conditioner or bleaching agent.
· Your nappies are best dried naturally, although you can put them on a low setting in the tumble dryer. Natural is best for your nappies and the planet too.
· Do be careful if they have been near heat such as the tumble dryer or radiator and don't stuff the inserts back in straight away. The heat can weaken the elastic and cause it to snap.
· If you do need to use barrier/nappy rash cream, ensure you use a liner.
Thank you for reducing your carbon footprint and supporting a better environment for our children!